Saturday, December 22, 2012

Perspectives

On Friday, I shared this photo on Facebook and wrote: Three hours before candle lighting and this is what my table looks like.  Still haven't made lunch, working on tonight's dinner.
I wasn't expecting the responses that came back.



Looks like a home full of love and joy!
I'm gonna paint paint paint with you!

What?!  No, no, no, people...you got it all wrong.  I'm frustrated that my kids took the paint out, without permission, and made a giant mess while I'm trying to clean the house and get ready for Shabbat.  Or maybe...just maybe...you got it right.

It really got me thinking (after they hung their pictures to dry and wiped down the table) about perspectives.  In everything that happens, there is a chance to focus on the good or the bad.  Either way we look at it, the situation exists just the same.  The only difference is whether or not my blood pressure will spike.

So, in this new week that we are entering now, I'm going to make a special effort to see my kids' activities through the eyes of my Facebook friends.  Let's see how it goes...